Summer is around the corner and if you’re with me you’d definitely want NEW MAKEUP, new lip shades, oil control products, waterproof mascara, and what not?! And here’s how you can have all that without your mom complaining about your craze!
While hearing rumors (and some CONFIRMED news) like Colourpop is the maker of Kylie Jenner lip kit and LO’real being of Giorgio Armani beauty, it actually intrigued me to try these drugstore brands and see if their formulas are actually somewhat the same. Luckily I discovered a lot of drugstore products (or we can just say Alfatah products) that are not just cheap but are great in quality! Following are my top picks:
1.Golden Rose Foundation StickAfter a helluv experimenting I found this super cheap yet super cool foundation stick! Trust me when I tell you, this stick is MADE for Asian skin, I recommended it to all my friends and none could agree more with me. Especially when summer is ahead I feel a foundation stick is a good purchase because it fights the oil for longer than liquid foundations. I tried the famous Kryolan, Diana of London, Luscious,and Olivia as well, but none blended as well as GR’s!
2. Makeup Revolution HighlighterI saw this highlighter for the first time being used by Jeffree Star in one of her tutorials and we all know that JS is the ultimate highlighter Goddess so I just couldn’t stop myself from trying this one out! I’d totally recommend this highlighter as it doesn’t just add a little sparkle but gives you some serious glow!
3. Brow Luxe Designer PencilDupe Alert! This brow pencil is as amazing as the brilliant but too pricey Benefit Goof Proof Pencil (Rs.2500). It has a waterproof formula along with a perfect shape for the perfect filling, and a spoolie brush at the back for easy blending and volumizing!
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip CreamWell how is it even possible that we talk about drugstore cosmetics and don’t mention NYX? NYX is cheap, yet comes up with AMAZING products every time! My favorite thing about this product is its formula which doesn’t dry my lips out like other drugstore liquid lipsticks. My top favorite shade is Cannes which I think suits olive skin the best, but for the upcoming summer I wanted a brighter shade of pink so tried Milan (swatch above).
5. I Heart Makeup Blushing Heart Another Makeup Revolution product that I can never get over! Yes, it looks EXACTLY the same as the Too Faced’s blush on but surprisingly this product is not just WAY cheaper than the Too Faced blush but is far more pigmented too!
6. Essence I Love ExtremeThis is the best drugstore mascara ever. Period.
7. Maybelline Baby Skin Pore EraserIf you’re wondering if there’s a dupe for our all-time favorite, but a lil expensive primer, The POREfessional, then this primer is worth trying!
8. Rimmel The Only 1 Matte Lipstick
I have no idea why this product is so underrated. It is that one lipstick that does not settle in the lines, feels velvety soft, is matte yet not dry, and stays on even after you have a samosa! My favorite shade has been High Flyer (swatch above) and I think it will look great on any skin tone!
9. L’Oreal Infallible 24Hr CompactI think all other brands should just stop making compact powders because the L’Oreal Infallible 24Hr Compact is just that good! I always had a major problem with the flaky finish of compact powders until I came across this high coverage formula by LO’real. It’s creamy and LITERALLY infallible. Also the best part is, it’s perfect for touch ups and oil control!
10. L’Oreal Paris Super Slim Eyeliner When it comes to applying winged eyeliner I have always been more comfortable with the marker style eyeliners. LO’real has not only come up with the perfect applicator but a great, smudge free formula – this eyeliner is a must have!
11. NYX Setting Spray
By now you must have noticed that I am OBSESSED with setting sprays and from the experience I have had since last summer I suggest NYX’s Setting Spray (matte finish) is a star buy!
Try these out now and thank me later! Lots of love! xx